At The Sheridan Press, we provide our website and Facebook page as community forums for readers to exchange ideas and opinions on the news of the day. Passionate views, pointed criticism and critical thinking are welcome. Name-calling, crude language and personal abuse are not. As consistently as we can, moderators will monitor comments subjectively with the goal of maintaining a high level of civility.
Please take a moment to read our comment policy.
If your comment was deleted, perhaps…
- You called someone an idiot, a racist, a dope, a moron, etc. Please, no personal attacks, vulgarity or profanity. And yes, this includes veiled profanity — #$%^&*.
- You rambled, failed to stay on topic or exhibited troll-like behavior intended to hijack the discussion.
- YOU SHOUTED YOUR COMMENT IN ALL CAPS. This is hard to read and annoys readers.
- You have issues with a business. Have a bad meal? Feel you were overcharged at the store? New car is a lemon? Contact the business directly with your concerns.
- You are promoting your business. Please contact our marketing department to place a social media ad.
- You believe the newspaper’s coverage is unfair. This is a forum for community discussion, not for media criticism. We’d rather address your concerns directly, so please contact the editor (firstname.lastname@example.org or  672-2431).
- You included an email address or phone number, pretended to be someone you aren’t or offered a comment that makes no sense.
- You accused someone of a crime or assigned guilt or punishment to someone suspected of a crime.