SHERIDAN — A Sheridan man is out on bond after being charged with beating his wife and trying to force her to fly to Arizona.

Fred Arnold posted a $10,000 cash bond to have Aaron Andrew Arnold released from the Sheridan County Detention Center. Andrew Arnold has been charged with one count of aggravated assault and battery, a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison, a $10,000 fine or both.

Court documents state that Casper law enforcement first became aware of the incident after security guards stopped Bearl Arnold at the gate due to obvious injuries apparent on her person. She advised officers that the injuries were inflicted by her husband, Aaron Arnold, and his girlfriend Nichole Wight.

Court documents state that over the course of the investigation, law enforcement learned that Arnold invited Bearl Arnold to his residence. When she arrived, the two drank Red Bull and vodka and engaged in intercourse. When Bearl Arnold refused to allow her husband to take nude photos of her, she said her husband began punching her in the face and head. He also allegedly struck her in the forehead with the butt of a rifle.

Court documents also state that Aaron Arnold pointed the weapon at his wife and threatened her with a knife. The documents also allege he repeatedly beat her with a stick that had a ball on the end of it and demanded her pickup truck and money.

The Arnolds then drove to where Bearl Arnold was staying. Aaron Arnold obtained the pickup truck’s title and forced his wife to write a check for $1,500 and sign other checks.

Court documents allege a credit card was taken from Bearl Arnold’s purse in order to purchase a one-way ticket for her to Arizona from Casper. Aaron Arnold and Wight drove Bearl Arnold to Casper and told her if she ever returned they would have her arrested for felony child abuse.

After being stopped at the gate at the airport, Bearl Arnold was transported to the hospital where officials recorded her injuries. Court documents state she had bruises consistent with the kind of weapon Bearl Arnold had described. She also had a broken hand, which was described as a defensive wound.

Court documents state that Wight and Arnold have denied the accusations to law enforcement.

While Aaron Arnold is out on bond, he has been ordered not to have contact with Bearl Arnold, Susan Scofield or Nichole Wight.