SHERIDAN — Sheridan track and field will look to make up some ground with a big day today at state track and field in Casper.
As a team, the Broncs and Lady Broncs are in sixth and seventh place, with 18 and 23 points respectively.
Friday, the girls 4X100 relay team broke a school record that had stood since 2001. Kristen Grammens, Gabby Edeen, Mariah Grant and Crystal Richards ran a 50.81, good enough for third place.
For the boys, Michael Rotellini, Kyle Dietsche and Nate Berg along with their 4X800 relay team have tallied points.
Dietsche and Rotellini finished sixth and seventh in the 800-meter run Friday.
“The highlights Friday were the boys and Zoe Sherman placing in the 800,” head coach Art Baures said. “It was great, they all ran their best times of the year.”
Sheridan has ran well in relays all year, and two relay events today provide the Broncs and Lady Broncs an opportunity to score points.
“Gabby Edeen is going to have a good day,” head coach Art Baures said of his expectations for today’s finals.
Edeen runs in her three sprints today, looking for a high placing after recording the fifth and fourth fastest prelim times in the 100-and 200-meter dashes respectively this weekend.
Michael Rotellini will run his final 1,600-meter race today, perhaps his strongest event.
Sheridan County at State Track and Field:
Friday May 17 in Casper
Girls High Jump 2A (1. Shana Wilcoxon-Burns 5-02.00
3. Jadyn Mirich 4-10.00 6 pts
7. Hanneah Puckett 4-08.00 1.5 pts
Girls 800-Meter Run 2A (1. Kim Shumway Lovell 2:15.80)
2. Amanda Hutchinson TRHS 2:20.90 8 pts
9. Adaline Ostler TRHS 2:32.52
Girls 800-Meter Run 4A (1. Cassidy Meade Laramie 2:15.89)
7. Zoe Sherman SHERIDAN 2:25.55
Boys 800-Meter Run 2A
1. Josiah Huff TRHS 1:57.94 10 pts (1:59.84, Alivn Spoonhunter Wyo. Indian)
5. Cody Jolovich TRHS 2:04.30 4 pts
12. Kyle Jerney BHHS
Boys 800-Meter Run 4A (Ricky Faure, Rock Springs 1:52.72)
6. Kyle Dietsche SHERIDAN 1:58.90 3 pts
7. Michael Rotellini SHERIDAN 1:59.06 2 pts
Girls 100-Meter Dash 1A prelims (Rachelle Leseberg-Dubois 13.34)
3. Shayna Kretschman ACHS 13.52
Girls 100-Meter Dash 2A prelims
13. Hanneah Puckett BHHS 14.15
Girls 100-Meter Dash 4A prelims (Jerayah Davis-Kelly Walsh 12.09Q)
4 Gabby Edeen SHERIDAN 12.60q
11. Mariah Grant 13.17
Boys 100-Meter Dash 2A prelims
1. Christian Mayer BHHS 11.45Q
Boys 100-Meter dash 4A
13. Nate Kane 11.63
Boys Shot Put 4A Ben Pieper Natrona 53-09.25
17. Ethan Hall SHERIDAN 39-06.50
Boys Triple Jump 2A (1. Dino Collins-Lovell 42-09.75)
4. Christian Mayer BHHS 40-10.50 5 pts
Girls 300-Meter Hurdles 2A (Kennadi Gilbert-Kemmerer 48.75Q)
3. Jadyn Mirich BHHS 49.32q
11. McKenzie Greenelsh
Boys 300-Meter Hurdles 2A prelims
1. Matthew Wigglesworth BHHS 40.53Q
4. Austin Scammon TRHS 42.09q
Full results here.