WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
Each year, staff members at The Sheridan Press take a few minutes to write down headlines we hope to write for the upcoming year.
Some are silly. Some are serious. Some are longshots.
No matter the tone, they are all news stories we hope to someday write.
From all of us here at The Press, happy New Year!
Here are our hopeful headlines for 2016:
• Ft. Mackenzie High School sees a record increase in graduation rates
• Each local school makes national Blue Ribbon Schools list
• Sheridan College gets unexpected boost in funding from cash-strapped state coffers
• Aquatic center project progressing swimmingly
• City, county reach agreements on jail, other items
• Broncs repeat as state champs
• Winter Classic returns: After year off, Sheridan hosts first Winter Classic indoors
• Main Street fills up as new owners move into empty storefronts
• Lodging tax revenues suggest best tourism season on record
• BH, TR and SHS take home state football titles
• New governor finds way to boost energy sector, lessen impact of global warming at the same time
• Country becomes less divided
• All current candidates for president drop out of race; more worthy candidates come forward
• Number of mass shootings decrease significantly
• Report indicates kids spending less time with technology, more time outdoors
• “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” film thrills every “Harry Potter” fan
• Wyoming Theater Festival brings laughter, tears to audience, awards to playwrights
• ERA event fills area hotels, gives big boost to local tourism
• Sheridan residents have happy, healthy new year