WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
• The Iron Brotherhood is hosting its Second Annual Poker Run to benefit the Sheridan Senior Center’s meal program Aug. 31.
Registration will be from 9:30-10 a.m. at Little Goose Liquors on Coffeen Avenue. The cost is $10 a hand or $15 for two hands. The route includes Little Goose Liquors, the Mountain Inn in Dayton, Parkman, Kirby and Trails End. The ride ends at Little Goose Liquors with a barbecue hamburger lunch for participants.
There will be raffle items: one pair Broncos tickets, a gift certificate for $200 tattoo from the Flesh Factory, a $50 piercing from the Flesh Factory, a bottle of liquor from T&C Liquors, a Bluetooth speaker and a Craftsman toolbox. For information, contact Jerry Foster at 752-9392.
• 2013 Walk to End Alzheimers Thursday, Sept, 12, 5-7 p.m. at Whitney Commons. Contact Stella Montano at the Sheridan Senior Center for more information at 672-2240.
• 2013 Resource Expo at the Third Thursday Street Festival. Reservations by Sept. 6. For more information, contact Stella Montano at the Senior Center at 672-2240.
• Deadline for applications for the tax refund for the Elderly and Disabled is Aug. 30. Free assistance in filling out forms available through the Senior Center by appointment only. Call 672-2240.
• Scholarships available for the Senior Center’s Day Break day service for elders. Contact Barb Blue at the Senior Center at 672-2240 for information.
• The Wyoming Room’s TELLUS Oral History project is scheduling interviews with Sheridan County residents on past everyday life activities, memorable events or history from the individual participants’ involvement. If you have a story to tell — or know of someone — call Lois Bell at the Senior Center 672-2240 for more information. Stories will become part of the Wyoming Room’s archives on Sheridan County history.
Latest posts by Outside Contributor (see all)
- Health Watch: The ‘whole’ truth - January 20, 2017
- Don’t confirm DeVos, unprepared, unfit Re: Wyoming’s first-rate schools - January 20, 2017
- People in the streets, protesting and yelling Re: Trump inauguration - January 20, 2017