WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
LARAMIE (AP) — Friends of a former University of Wyoming wrestler from Colorado are raising money to help pay for his medical care.
They say Michael Martinez was burned recently when he was helping on his family’s ranch in Pagosa Springs, Colo. A gas leak led to a fire in his field camper and he was burned on over 80 percent of his body.
Martinez, a four-time NCAA qualifier, graduated last spring.
Wrestling coach Mark Branch told Wyoming Public Radio that Martinez is an exceptional young man who lived out of his truck while studying in Laramie on a wrestling scholarship.
Contributions can be made under his name at any Wells Fargo Bank. Donate online at www.michaelmartinezfund.com.
Latest posts by Associated Press (see all)
- Science panel urges rewrite of food allergy warning labels - January 7, 2017
- Program trains women for HVAC careers - January 6, 2017
- Wyoming ‘feels the Bern’ - April 11, 2016