WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
SHERIDAN — Sheridan City Council approved several items on its consent agenda Monday.
Public hearings for five of the items were held prior to approval of the consent agenda. These included:
• a retail liquor license transfer from Star Video Library LLC, doing business as Star Liquor to Star Liquor LLC, doing business as Star Liquor/Tasting Library;
• a request to subdivide a single 10-acre parcel into 20 lots and 3 outlots as phase three of the Poplar Grove planned unit development located northwest of Skeels Street and Lookout Point Drive;
• a request to replat two lots and a partial lot located northwest of Laclede and Delphi into 2 lots, with a request for a variance to allow for a 51-foot lot width on one of the lots, zoned R-1 Residential District;
• a request to amend the trailer park permit to add spaces for three mobile homes in the Sayer East Side Country Park located south of East College Avenue;
• and an amendment to the fiscal year 2014 budget.
The consent agenda included the above five items as well as approval of:
• acceptance of a bid for the Illinois Street Reconstruction Project from COP Wyoming in the amount of $ 3,170,367 from the water and sewer fund account;
• appointment Allen Cope to the Board of Adjustments for a term ending Dec. 31, 2016;
• acceptance of a bid for a pump for the Waste Water Treatment Plant from Westin Mechanical in the amount of $144,645 from the water and sewer fund account;
• approval of a carbon capture center in Campbell County to research carbon capture technologies as supported by the Northeast Wyoming Municipal Leaders group;
• and proclamations declaring April as the Month of the Military Child, April 7, 2014, as Vietnam Veterans Remembrance Day and recognizing
Diane Carlson Evans for her efforts on behalf of Women Veterans and April 6-12, 2014, as Week of the Young Child.
In other business, the Sheridan Public Arts Committee announced that it is now taking votes in the People’s Choice Sculpture Contest. Anyone can vote on their favorite public sculptures on the committee’s Facebook page.
Latest posts by Hannah Sheely (see all)
- Frozen turkeys and smoking ovens make Thanksgiving memories - November 23, 2016
- Veterans bare bodies, souls, memories - November 11, 2016
- CRAFTING FOR BAZAAR SEASON: Creative types gear up for season of sales - November 5, 2016