It is hard to believe that the Chamber Brewfest Fundraiser is only three weeks away. For those of you that DID not attend last year’s event, let me give you a little recap: beer tasting from the best microbreweries in the region, live music, delicious food and lots of fun!
The Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to be the proactive voice of local business, working for the promotion, protection and prosperity of our members and community. Our membership dues and one-cent optional money that we receive from the city and county make up about 57 percent of our annual operating budget, which leaves about 43 percent of our operating budget to be raised through non-dues revenue. That is why our Brewfest, our largest fundraiser of the year, is so important. Without the support of this community through programs and events like the Brewfest, the Chamber would not be able to continue to be a voice for our local businesses and community.
This year’s event, which is presented again by our friends at Fremont Toyota, will be on Saturday, Sept. 7 from 3-8 p.m. and is shaping up to be even bigger this year than last. Whitney Plaza will again be the location for our event and already we have 16 breweries signed up with more coming in every day. Our food vendors are all lined up with delicious food to pair with the beer, and John Kirlin and the High Plains Drifters and The Patti Fiasco Band will be providing the live music. The People’s Choice award is returning again this year, so you can vote for your favorite brewery with the winner taking home the coveted Balding Sheridan Spur trophy. Tickets are available now for $25 and can be purchased by calling the Chamber or online at www.sheridanwyomingchamber.org.
I would also like to “raise a glass” to all of our sponsors and volunteers, because without their help, this event would not be possible.
I encourage everyone to come out to Whitney Plaza on Sept. 7 from 3-8 p.m. for a guaranteed good time and to help “Brew up funds” for our local businesses!
Meredith Sopko is the director of marketing and communications for the Sheridan County Chamber of Commerce.