BIG HORN — The Big Horn High School track team completed a clean sweep at the regional track meet over the weekend in Gillette. Both the Big Horn girls and boys took home team titles at the two-day event.
The Big Horn girls finished with 141.5 points, and the boys scored 135 points.
Katie Lambert followed her triple-jump title Friday with two more wins in Saturday’s events. The Big Horn sophomore won the 100-meter dash in dominating fashion, her 13.07-second finish three-tenths faster than teammate Baylee Clemens, who took second. Lambert also won the long jump at 16 feet, 3.5 inches, and she took third in the 300-meter hurdles at 48.52 seconds.
Just behind Lambert in the long jump was Alisyn Hutton, who took third in the event at 15 feet, 7 inches. She also took third in the high jump at 4 feet, 10 inches.
Clemens teamed with Madison Blaney, Jordan Frank and Jenny Trabert for a second-place finish in the 4×400-meter relay at 4 minutes, 23.32 seconds. Blaney, Frank, Trabert and Reata Cook took third in the 4×800-meter relay (11:01.93).
Jill Mayer rounded out the Lady Rams’ top-three finishers with a 27.69-second third-place finish in the 200-meter dash.
The Big Horn boys were led by Robert Watson, who swept the distance events over the weekend. After winning the 3200-meter run Friday, Watson took the 1600-meter crown in 4:55.91 Saturday. He just edged out Tongue River’s Cooper Vollmer, who took second (4:59.40).
Tanner Warder won the 300-meter hurdles in a time of 41.42 seconds to go with his third-place finish in 110-meter hurdles (16.29). Liam Greenelsh took second in the 110-meter event (15.95).
Warder rounded out his day with August Down, Nathaniel Lydic and Colton Williams for a second-place finish in the 4×400-meter relay (3:33.07).
Big Horn’s day concluded with Will Pelissier’s third-place jump of 19 feet, 3 inches in long jump and Chris Alzheimer’s second-place throw of 47 feet, 6.25 inches in shot put.
Although the Tongue River teams finished ninth at the meet, the Eagles and Lady Eagles had some solid individual performances.
Brennan Kutterer had two third-place finishes in the 200-meter and 400-meter dashes at 23.40 seconds and 52.17 seconds, respectively. Courtney Good took third in the girls discus with a throw of 105 feet, 6 inches. The TR boys scored 48 points, and the girls scored 34.5.
Peyton Bomar and Riley Rafferty once again set the tone for the Sheridan High School girls track team, which finished second with 141.5 points. Gillette won the meet with 207 points.
Bomar, who won the long jump Friday, won the triple jump Saturday at 36 feet, 3 inches. She also took second in both hurdle races — 15.87 seconds in 100-meter hurdles and 44.89 in 300-meter hurdles.
Rafferty won the 400-meter dash at 59.12 seconds, the only runner to break the one-minute mark. She also took second in the 100-meter dash at 12.48 seconds and second in the 4×400-meter relay with McKinley Christopherson, Taemalle Lawson and Pippin Robison (4:08.05).
The 4×800-meter relay team of Laura Alicke, Josie Fettig, Xiomara Robinson and Robison took third with a time of 9:48.42. Alicke also took third in the 1600-meter run with a time of 5:20.95.
The Sheridan boys took fourth at the regional meet with 100 points, just 2.5 points behind Cheyenne Central. Gillette won the meet with 164.5 points.
Alec Riegert took home three top-three finishes on the day, two in the hurdle competitions. He took second in the 300-meter hurdles (39.83) and third in 110-meter hurdles (15.17). He also teamed with Drew Boedecker, Tymer Goss and Tyler Holloway for a third-place 4×400-meter-relay finish (3:25.43).
The 4×800-meter relay team of Brian Gonda, Goss, Jered McCafferty and Derek Vela took second with a time of 8:11.21, and McCafferty took an individual third in the 1600-meter run (4:35.81).
Max Myers rounded out the scoring with a second-place throw of 51 feet, 8.5 inches in shot put. Myers took third in discus Friday.
The Arvada-Clearmont Panthers took fifth (girls) and seventh (boys) at the 1A regional meet. Lingle-Ft. Laramie won both 1A competitions.
Taziree Smith took second in the girls 1600-meter run, and her time of 6:18.92 was less than one second off the winner.
McKenna Auzqui took second in discus (94 feet, 4 inches), and Kristin Klaahsen took third in both hurdle races. Riley Malli was AC’s top boy, taking second in shot put at 42 feet, 5 inches.
Other scorers from the meet included:
8. Tristin Hall; 100-meter dash 14.98
4. Kristin Klaahsen; triple jump 29 feet, 1 inch
6. Anthony Graves; 100-meter dash 11.83
8. Graves, 200-meter dash 24.42
2A Big Horn
4. Emily Blaney; 100-meter dash 13.73
5. Delaney Walker; 100-meter dash 13.77
7. Baylee Clemens; 200-meter dash 27.94
6. Jordan Frank; 400-meter dash 1:05.37
5. Madison Blaney; 100-meter hurdles 17.25
6. Jill Mayer; 100-meter hurdles 17.33
6. M. Blaney; 300-meter hurdles 50.25
7. Sydney Atkinson; high jump 4 feet, 8 inches
4. Atkinson; long jump 15 feet, 1.5 inches
8. E. Blaney; long jump 14 feet, 6.5 inches
5. Colton Williams; 100-meter dash 11.64
8. Will Pelissier; 100-meter dash 11.97
6. Williams; 200-meter dash 24.27
7. Billy Watson; 1600-meter run 5:11.12
5. Kyler Ostler; 110-meter hurdles 16.96
7. Kade Van Dyken; 110-meter hurdles 17.29
4. Ostler; 300-meter hurdles 42.85
5. Liam Greenelsh; 300-meter hurdles 42.89
4. 4×800-meter relay (Nathaniel Lydic, Kobie Cummins, Robert Watson, B. Watson) 9:03.99
8. Jeremy Kruck; shot put 43 feet, 2 inches
2A Tongue River
4. Holly Hutchinson; 400-meter dash 1:03.29
7. Brittany Fillingham; 400-meter dash 1:05.81
7. Kalie Bocek; 1600-meter run 6:10.13
6. 4×800-meter relay (Heidi Henderson, Jenna Keller, Angel Richards, Nikki Perfetti) 11:35.39
4. Hutchinson; high jump 4 feet, 10 inches
7. Brennan Kutterer; 100-meter dash 11.91
8. Jacob McIntyre; 1600-meter run 5:14.60
5. 4×800-meter relay (Kobe DeWitt, McIntyre, Cooper Vollmer, Jett Walker) 9:18.98
6. Mason Schroder; shot put 44 feet, 11.5 inches
6. Taemalle Lawson; 100-meter dash 13.10
7. Gracie Edeen; 100-meter dash 13.52
4. Riley Rafferty; 200-meter dash 26.78
6. Lawson; 200-meter dash 27.10
5. Xiomara Robinson; 1600-meter run 5:23.97
6. Pippin Robison; 1600-meter run 5:28.92
7. Rachel Petersburg; 100-meter hurdles 17.30
5. Jordan Christensen; discus 101 feet, 7 inches
7. Sammie Philips; discus 97 feet, 1 inch
7. Bobby Culver; 100-meter dash 11.83
5. Tyler Holloway; 400-meter dash 51.30
6. Tymer Goss; 400-meter dash 53.85
4. Brian Gonda; 1600-meter run 4:36.83
7. Drew Boedecker; 300-meter hurdles 46.70
8. Boedecker; high jump 5 feet, 8 inches
4. Holloway; triple jump 42 feet, 2.25 inches