WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
SHERIDAN — The National Junior High Finals Rodeo wrapped up over the weekend in Gallup, N.M.
One highlight for Sheridan County was team roping heeler Wheaton Williams (Big Horn), with a fifth place go in his second-round run. He and teammate Jerren Johnson (Casper) recorded an 8.157-second time. They finished 27th in the two-run average.
Wyarno’s Saije Pollard had a good finish as well, making the short-go in goat tying and finishing 13th in the average.
The NJHFR has been held since 2004 and this year brought 940 athletes from the U.S., Canada and Australia.
2nd Round Results: Sheridan County
Average position in parentheses
44. Kade Koltiska, Big Horn, 16.491 (35th in average 33.08); 109. Shyanna Cahoy, Sheridan, 17.722 (133rd in average, 41.677)
43. Kenna Balkenbush, Sheridan, 10.615 (66th in average)
Girls Goat Tying
17. Saije Pollard, Wyarno, 9.821 (13th in average 30.557)
19. Saije Pollard, Wyarno, Wyo., 21.111 (101st in average, 52.003); 104. Kenna Balkenbush, Sheridan, 26.556; 138. Shyanna Cahoy, Sheridan, 32.134 (112th in average 54.646)
5. Jerren Johnson, Casper, Wheaton Williams, Big Horn, 8.157;
Ribbon Roping Average
5. Owen Wahlert, Grover, Colo., Saije Pollard, Wyarno, 16.042;
Girls Goat Tying Short Round
13. Saije Pollard, Wyarno, 10.165;
Girls State Team Placing
18. Wyoming 1950
Boys State Team Placing
21. Wyoming 1220
Latest posts by Staff Reports (see all)
- Crews battling fire in Tongue River Canyon - August 2, 2015
- Lara scores PH hole-in-one - July 31, 2015
- Power to Play Sports to host free coaches educational meeting - July 31, 2015