WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
SHERIDAN – The Sheridan Memorial Hospital Auxiliary presented donations to the hospital totaling $40,000 at the organization’s annual meeting Feb. 1.
The Auxiliary has now provided the hospital with more than $413,000 over the years.
Of the funds, $4,000 was generated by the annual Christmas Trees of Love Project. The remaining $36,000 gift came from the Kozy Korner Gift Shop. The Auxiliary board voted to purchase a GE Panda Warmer for the Women’s Health Nursery, and the remaining funds were gifted to the Hospital Foundation to be used as needed.
SMH Volunteer Coordinator Patty Forister said in a press release that the purchase of the infant warmer keeps with the Auxiliary’s constitution, which seeks to advance the welfare of Sheridan Memorial Hospital.
A group of 50 volunteers, the Auxiliary annually funds a slate of projects aimed at bettering the hospital.
“We are so pleased to receive this funding for the Women’s Health unit,” SMH Foundation Director Ada Kirven said in a media release. “This tremendous gift will make a huge impact.”
Also at the organization’s meeting, the following awards were presented to volunteers for accumulated hours of service.
• 200 hours or more: Lois Hall, Wanda Hanebrink, Linda Jeffers, Janie Johlman, Joyce Pelesky and Pat Wolfe
• 500 hours or more: Jeannie Eman, Jan Felker, Marabel Gates, Beth Gutz, Cynthia Hudson, Cindy Mason, Mary McGlothlin, Bert Oatts, Ethelyn St. John, Nita Unhoch and Karen Warren
• 1,000 hours or more: Patty Schultz and Teresa Stephenson
• 3,000 hours or more: Barbara Niner and DK Thompson
Latest posts by Staff Reporters (see all)
- SC may seek special election on additional tax revenue as early as Aug. - April 5, 2013
- First People’s Center hires of development director - April 5, 2013
- 2013 stroll button design contest open - April 5, 2013