WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
SHERIDAN — A trailer enclosing a methane pump near the Montana border caught fire Thursday afternoon after a natural gas pipe apparently overheated.
Goose Valley Fire Department Chief Bob Williams said that while the trailer at 624 Badger Creek Road was damaged and roughly three acres of surrounding grass were also burned, the fire was mostly extinguished by the time crews arrived.
The secluded location of the fire meant firefighters were forced to travel for about half an hour after being paged at around 3:30 p.m.
No one was injured as a result of the fire.
Upon noticing the blaze, Williams said workers at the sight set about shutting off gas flow to other areas of the facility in an effort to prevent it from spreading.
“All that natural gas is like a flame thrower,” he said.
Latest posts by Paolo Cisneros (see all)
- Transit initiative visiting with respective organizations - July 26, 2013
- New dealers already filling gap left by meth bust - July 26, 2013
- PRECorp seeks to raise electricity rates - July 25, 2013