Methane pump trailer fire extinguished near Mont. border

SHERIDAN — A trailer enclosing a methane pump near the Montana border caught fire Thursday afternoon after a natural gas pipe apparently overheated.

Goose Valley Fire Department Chief Bob Williams said that while the trailer at 624 Badger Creek Road was damaged and roughly three acres of surrounding grass were also burned, the fire was mostly extinguished by the time crews arrived.

The secluded location of the fire meant firefighters were forced to travel for about half an hour after being paged at around 3:30 p.m.

No one was injured as a result of the fire.

Upon noticing the blaze, Williams said workers at the sight set about shutting off gas flow to other areas of the facility in an effort to prevent it from spreading.

“All that natural gas is like a flame thrower,” he said.

Share this news...
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail this to someonePrint this page
The following two tabs change content below.

Paolo Cisneros

Paolo Cisneros joined The Sheridan Press staff in August 2012. He covers business, energy and public safety. A Chicago native, he graduated with a bachelor's degree in journalism from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2011.
Copyright © 2015 The Sheridan Press or Sheridan Newspapers, Inc.

Copyright © 2015 The Sheridan Press or Sheridan Newspapers, Inc..

  • Plan your adventure at! Visit Now