WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
Quote of the Day “The wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes are taken out, it’s just sort of a tired feeling.”
— Paula Poundstone, comedian
I see by the multi-media……..
Cassidy Belus, Sheridan High School graduate and rising junior at the U. of Montana, is featured in a film. This is part of her studies, reports a proud father.
She’s the daughter of Tom and Holly Belus of Sheridan. Cassidy was the youth reporter for The Sheridan Press for one year, before leaving for Missoula. She’s listed as the locations manager for the movie-making.
The film, “Subterranea,” is about a progressive rock band’s concept album. You can find a clip via Facebook, Twitter and all that other social media.
The local Shriners (Kalif Shrine Center) are selling Vidalia onions, its annual sale of such. Of course, the Notebook’s a big fan and ordered a 10 pound ($10) bag. Susan has a great recipe for Vidalia Onion pie.
Vidalia onions are large, pale yellow onions with a sweet juicy white flesh, according to Southern Living Cookbook. The Vidalia onion took root in Toombs County, Georgia when a farmer named Mose Coleman discovered in the spring of 1931 that the onions he had planted were not hot, but sweet.
The onions were popular and sold so quickly that by the 1970s, they had become a major crop in the area. Georgia’s state Legislature gave Vidalia onions legal status by limiting their production to 20 counties.
Sheridan golfers have had a fitful start to the 2013 season. The local golf courses (Kendrick, The Powder Horn, Hidden Bridge) are open, but golfers have tested their meteorological mettle what with snow, rain, sleet, gusty winds and once in awhile, warm spring sunshine. So it goes.
David Letterman’s Top Ten Reasons: “Why Golf Is Better Than Sex”
10. A below par performance is considered darn good.
9. You can stop in the middle and have a cheeseburger and a couple of beers.
8. It’s much easier to find the sweet spot.
7. Foursomes are encouraged.
6. You can still make money doing it as a senior.
5. Three times a day is possible.
4. Your partner doesn’t hire a lawyer if you play with someone else.
3. If you live in Florida, you can do it almost every day.
2. You don’t have to cuddle with your partner when you’re finished.
And the Number One reason why golf is better than sex,
When your equipment gets old you can replace it.
Latest posts by Steve Woody (see all)
- Column: Vinich connection to ‘Men at War’ - August 6, 2015
- Column: New Vaudevillians, Farmers Market - August 5, 2015
- Column: Franklin’s ‘new’ store; Senior Center campaign - August 4, 2015