American Legion Girls State currently in Powell
Date posted: June 11, 2014
SHERIDAN — The 72nd American Legion Auxiliary Wyoming Girls State is currently in session at Northwest College in Powell and 10 Sheridan County girls are participating.
Established in 1941, the annual program is designed as a practical experience in self-government based on the Wyoming state government. The participants were selected based on their achievements within their schools and communities and are sponsored by the local American Legion unit.
Selected delegates are:
• Katie Sawyer, daughter of Judy and Randy Sawyer of Sheridan
• Judy Chen, daughter of Chao Xu and Ru Chen of Sheridan
• Aleya Dunning, daughter of J.C. and Linette Dunning of Sheridan
• Chaney M. Peterson, daughter of Kodi and Troy Peterson of Sheridan
• Ruthie May White, daughter of Darrell and Kathaleen White of Sheridan
• Eryn Aksamit, daughter of Allen and Tammy Aksamit of Ranchester
• Madelene Anderson, daughter of Mary and David Anderson of Sheridan
• Raien Emery, daughter of Ben and Raili Emery of Sheridan
• Anne Lynam, daughter of Robert Lynam of Sheridan
• Elizabeth Winnop, daughter of Terry and Theresa Winnop of Sheridan