Fair board member announces he’s leaving; board OKs projects
Date posted: May 9, 2014
SHERIDAN — Sheridan County Fair Association Vice Chairman Ed Johlman announced his intention to leave the board when he relocates to Rifle, Colorado, in June for a job as chief financial officer at Grand River Health.
Fairgrounds Director Jamie Ringley said he would be missed after years of dedicated service to the fair association.
In other business, the board voted to approve $1,850 in funds to pay for preliminary design of several upcoming improvements at the fairgrounds.
A list of improvement projects was approved by the Board of County Commissioners in the budget review for the fairgrounds April 22. Project design will be done by TSP, Inc., and projects will include:
• upgrading the Grandstand bathrooms and making them ADA compliant
• upgrading the Exhibit Hall bathrooms and making them ADA compliant
• upgrading the heating system in the Pavilion
• beginning the process of replacing the windows and glazing in the Pavilion
• replacing the siding on the office
• replacing the windows of the office
• looking into upgrading the kitchen in the Exhibit Hall
Ringley said he has been told there may be county consensus funds available to pay for the proposed projects.