WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
SHERIDAN — Sheridan College’s Natural Resource Lecture Series presents “Fire Ecology, Management and Land Recovery” April 30 from 6-8:30 p.m. at the Sheridan College CTEL presentation hall.
The event will feature four presentations:
• “History of Fire in the Northern Great Plains” by Ph.D. student Morgan Russell, U.S. Department of Agriculture-Agricultural Research Service, Miles City, Mont.
• “Fire on Forest Lands and the Gilead Fire of 2012” by Bernie Bornong, resource staff officer, USDA-Forest Service, Bighorn National Forest.
• “Management after Fires: A Rancher’s Perspective on the Padlock Ranch” by Padlock Ranch Operations Manager Trey Patterson.
• “Fire Research and How to Respond this Year” by Rangeland Ecologist Lance Vermeire, USDA-ARS, Miles City, Mont.
This lecture is free and open to the public.
Latest posts by Staff Reports (see all)
- Sheridan Press Editorial: Sex education should provide more information, not less - February 6, 2016
- Agendas — Feb. 6, 2016 - February 6, 2016
- SHS swimmers dominate team scores, just miss individual achievements - February 6, 2016