WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
ARVADA-CLEARMONT — For the fourth year in a row, Arvada-Clearmont senior Sara Ellingrod will participate in the statewide Poetry Out Loud competition.
On Jan. 29, nine students in ninth through 12th grades at Sheridan County School District 3 participated in the school’s competition. Those students placed first or second in their classroom competitions held earlier in the school year.
The winner from that competition, Ellingrod, will now compete at the state level March 10-11. Ellingrod has won the school competition the last three years and has won the state competition the last two years. She has also competed at the national level in Washington, D.C.
Ellingrod, a senior, read “A March in the Ranks Hard-Prest, and the Road Unknown” by Walt Whitman and “The Pomegranate and the Big Crowd” by Alberto Rios to win.
Also placing in the competition were:
• Second place — Dylan Collins, junior
• Third place — Sierra Martin, junior
• Fourth place — Karina Svalina, junior
• Fifth place — Kendria Nimick, senior
• Sixth place — Sam Reinke, sophomore
• Seventh place — Tristan Troll, sophomore
• Eighth place — Clancy Kretschman, freshman
• Ninth place — Holly Roan, freshman
Latest posts by Outside Contributor (see all)
- Column: Summer flying by, but still fun to be had downtown - August 28, 2015
- Column: Affirming a right to die - August 28, 2015
- Meet Wyoming’s newest poet laureate - August 28, 2015