WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
Re: Lies in Obama’s speech
According to Mark Thiessen, the chief speech writer for President Bush’s 2007 State Of The Union Speech, several “opportunity” comments made by President Obama came directly from the speech he wrote for President Bush in 2007. Amazing!
Let’s address some of the lies in the speech.
• Raising the minimum wage for federal contractors to $10.10 per hour. It will affect no one.
• The policy of this administration has been to offer contracts to “union shops only.” How many union workers make minimum wage?
• How about women earning 77 cents for every dollar a man earns? The Bureau of Labor Statistics just released figures debunking this leftist myth. Liberals claim this by combining all jobs and professions and then comparing the average wage for men versus women.
Historically, men have gone into higher paying professions while women have traditionally chosen lower paying professions (nursing, cashiers, waitressing, etc.). But, when the incomes of both genders in the same profession were compared, there is little or no difference in what they made.
• Obamacare has helped millions of people. Duh! Only about three million people have signed up for Affordable Care Act. Nearly 90 percent of the people who signed up were people who lost their insurance “because of” Obamacare. Only 11 percent of enrollees were previously uninsured. The 90 percent have found that their new premiums have at least doubled and that their deductibles have increased by several thousand dollars. In addition, many have found that they cannot continue seeing their current doctor.
• President Obama says he wants bipartisan cooperation? Yet last year, the Republicans in the House passed 150 bills to improve the economy, create jobs and improve health care only to have them die in Sen. Harry Reid’s Senate without a vote.
• Ending a war is a lot different than winning it. Iraq is proof of that, with al Qaeda making a big comeback. As many as 10,000 Iraqis have died in 2013 alone. Afghanistan is next.Yet we continue to let our young warriors die as we forget our objective and pull out?
• What I found appalling was the use of wounded warrior Sgt. Cory Remsburg as a useful photo-op for the president and his agenda. If this administration respected or valued our military’s sacrifice, they wouldn’t have cut the VA budget and veteran benefits while refusing to end IRS tax credits and welfare benefits for illegal aliens.
Latest posts by Outside Contributor (see all)
- Column: The GOP’s Trumpian deflation - August 27, 2016
- Letter: ‘Empire building’ at Sheridan hospital - August 27, 2016
- EpiPens are my armor against disaster, they shouldn’t be priced like a luxury - August 27, 2016