WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
Next Monday is Veterans Day.
The Sheridan Press will publish again photos of active duty soldiers, Marines, airmen, sailors, Coast Guard and National Guard members.
The deadline to submit photos is noon, Friday, Nov. 2.
Please submit a color photo with the name, rank, branch of service, job title, where they are stationed, family members and hometown to the Press’ office, 144 Grinnell St., 82801, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The WYO Theater welcomes singer/songwriter Aaron Tippin Thursday, at 7 p.m. His latest album, “Overdrive,” salutes the men and women of the trucking industry and the music that celebrates this work.
Sponsors of the concert include: Bill & Terry Ankeny, state Sen. Bruce Burns, First Northern Bank, Best Western Sheridan Center.
Tickets ($20, $34, $42) are available through the WYO’s website, or at the door.
While traveling, I always pick up the local newspaper to read what’s happening there and if there’s any good marketing idea that’s worth pilfering and embellishing upon. The Tolosa Press in San Luis Obispo, Calif., has a lively “police blotter” section. Some examples:
• A citizen called at 1:21 p.m. to report seeing a marijuana deal go down in Mission Plaza and now she can smell the evil weed wafting about. Police did not find the stoners.
• A caller at Baycliff Village reported that a man had dumped cardboard boxes in the dumpster and not the recycling bin, a hanging offense in this state.
• A fight broke out at Arroyo Grande High School during lunch but was ultimately handled by school staff, who know best how to deal with raging hormones.
• Someone called police at 6:09 a.m. from the hiking trail on Exposition Lane to report that 75 yards up the trail and behind the first tree on the right, a homeless guy was camped out, still not far enough out of sight to be out of mind.
Latest posts by Steve Woody (see all)
- Column: Vinich connection to ‘Men at War’ - August 6, 2015
- Column: New Vaudevillians, Farmers Market - August 5, 2015
- Column: Franklin’s ‘new’ store; Senior Center campaign - August 4, 2015