Informational sessions about Cap. Tax scheduled
Date posted: October 15, 2013
SHERIDAN — The city of Sheridan and Sheridan County are holding a series of informational sessions about the 1 percent Capital Facilities Tax that is up for renewal in the Nov. 5 election.
These sessions will include a presentation and question and answer opportunities.
The Capital Facilities Tax is already part of Sheridan County’s current 6 percent sales tax, but must be renewed if it is to continue.
Revenues from the tax are used solely for infrastructure projects in Sheridan, Clearmont, Dayton, Ranchester and in Sheridan County.
Scheduled sessions are:
• Today: Ranchester public meeting, 6 to 7 p.m., Ranchester Town Hall, in conjuction with Town Council meeting
• Wednesday — 7:30-8:30 p.m., Dayton Town Council meeting, Dayton Town Hall, 608 Broadway Ave., Dayton
• Thursday — 5:30-6:30 p.m., Sheridan County public meeting, Sheridan County Courthouse addition, second floor public room 201, 224 S. Main St.
• Monday — 6-7 p.m., Clearmont Town Council meeting, Clearmont Town Hall, Clearmont
• Oct. 28 — 6-7 p.m., Story public meeting, Story Fire Hall, Story
• Oct. 30 — 8-9 a.m., Chamber coffee, Ranchester Community Center
• Nov. 1 — 8-9 a.m., Chamber coffee, The Ranch at Ucross, 2673 Highway 14 East, Clearmont
These session are free and open to the public.
For more information see www.sheridancountycaptax.com or call Renee Obermueller at 675-2910.