Road closures in northeast Wyoming
Date posted: October 4, 2013
SHERIDAN — As snows continue to fall, Wyoming Department of Transportation crews are out in full force plowing snow, sanding slick areas and attempting to keep Wyoming highways open or get them re-opened as quickly as possible.
“WYDOT is asking motorists to be watchful for our snowplows and slow down when they see the flashing lights,” WYDOT Public Involvement Specialist Ronda Holwell said. “Plows are clearing the road to make it safer for you, the traveling public.”
Holwell urged drivers to “slow down, slow down, slow down!”
She said being patient and going with the flow of traffic will make it safer for WYDOT plows to work.
Here are current road closures and road condition updates for the the Sheridan and northeast Wyoming region, valid as of 4 p.m. Friday:
• Closed from Sheridan to the South Dakota State Line
• Open from Ranchester to Montana State line but WYDOT is advising no unnecessary travel
• Closed from Buffalo to Midwest
• No unnecessary travel from Midwest to Casper
Current conditions are wet, slick in spots and blowing and drifting snow.
• U.S. Highway 14 is open from Dayton to Greybull
• U.S. Highway 14A is closed from Burgess Junction to Lovell.
• U.S. Highway 16 was opened from Buffalo to Worland at 2:26 p.m. Friday. It is slick with drifted snow, snowfall and blowing snow.
• U.S. Highway 16 is closed from Buffalo to Ucross.
• U.S. Highway 14/16 is closed from Ucross to Arvada.
• State Highway 196 is closed from Buffalo to Kaycee.
No unnecessary travel advisory in effect for all roads in the Gillette, Moorcroft and Wright areas.
All roads that are not closed are slick and drifted with blowing snow.
• State Highway 51 is closed from Gillette to Moorcroft.
• U.S. Highway 14 is closed from Moorcroft to Carlile.
• State Highway 387 is closed from Wright to Douglas.
• State Highway 50 is closed from Gillette to WY 387, Pine Tree Junction.
• State Highway 450 is closed from Reno Junction to Newcastle.
All roads in the Sundance and Hulett area are closed.
• U.S. Highway 14 is closed from Carlile to Sundance.
• State Highway 111 is closed from Aladdin to I-90.
• State Highway 116 is closed from Sundance to Upton and from Upton to the Junction of Hwy 450 as of 12:40 p.m. Friday.
• State Highway 585 is closed from Sundance to Four Corners.
• U.S. Highway 212 is closed from Montana State Line to South Dakota State Line.
• State Highway 112 is closed from Hulett to the Montana State Line.
• State Highway 24 is closed from U.S. 14 to Hulett and from Hulett to the South Dakota State Line.
Most roads in the Newcastle area are wet and slick in spots with snowfall.
• U.S. Highway 85 is closed from Newcastle to the South Dakota State Line and from Newcastle to Lusk as of 1 p.m. Friday.
• U.S. Highway 18 is closed from Mule Creek Junction to the South Dakota State Line.
• U.S. Highway 116 is closed from Upton to State Highway 450.
• State Highway 450 is closed from Newcastle to State Highway 116.