WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
SHERIDAN — First United Methodist Church is accepting donations of items for flood cleanup buckets to benefit the victims of the recent Colorado floods.
FUMC is working with the United Methodist Committee of Relief to collect items to be taken to the distribution depot in Salt Lake City, Utah. People there will fill each bucket with the necessary items and transport them to distribution points in the flooded areas.
These supplies will enable people to begin the overwhelming job of cleaning up after the flood.
Items can be brought to FUMC at 215 W. Works St., at the corner of West Works and Thurmond streets.
Each flood cleanup bucket will include the following:
• Five-gallon bucket with resealable lid
• Bleach (two one-quart bottles or one 82-ounce bottle)
• Five scouring pads
• Seven Sponges
• Scrub brush
• 18 reusable wipes cleaning towels
• Liquid laundry detergent (two 25-ounce bottles or one 50-ounce bottle)
• Household cleaner (12-16 ounce bottle)
• Disinfectant dish soap (16-28 ounce bottle)
• 50 clothes pins
• Clothes line (two 50-foot or one 100-foot)
• Five dust masks
• Two pair latex gloves
• One pair work gloves
• 24-bag roll of heavy-duty trash bags, 33-45 gallon (remove roll from box before placing in bucket)
• Insect repellant spray, 6-14 ounce can
• Air freshener, 8 or 9 ounce can
Latest posts by Outside Contributor (see all)
- Column: Obama’s truth out of Africa - July 29, 2015
- Column: We couldn’t throw away our old couch - July 29, 2015
- A fresh, fruity twist to make summer dinner peachy - July 29, 2015