WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
Forister scores ace
SHERIDAN – Brandon Forister of Sheridan scored a hole-in-one Thursday, Aug. 15, at the Hidden Bridge Golf Club in Sheridan,
Forister used a six-iron to shoot the ace on the number six, a par-three, 185-yard hole. Witnesses included his father, Scott Forister.
‘Pink Ball’ men’s tourney winners
SHERIDAN – The team of Scotty Scott, Bill Rohrbaugh, Robert Herman and Randy Warnke won the Powder Horn Seniors Men’s Pink Ball Tournament Wednesday with a score of 115/109. Second place was the team of Jim Feit, Therman Briggs, Frank Hagen and Doug Estes with 117/111. The third place team was John Baggett, Mike Nechvatal, Kim Love and Jerry Hill with 129/116. Scores reflect handicap adjustments with three strokes reduced if the golfer finished the round with the pink ball he received on the first tee.
• Individual winners, gross score, flight one winners: Randy Warnke (71/68), Mike Nechvatal (73/73), Stephen Woody (74/71), Frank Hagen (79/76), Ken Richardson (82/79).
• Flight two, gross: Rollie Halverson (81/78); Doug Estes (84), Rex Arney (87/84).
• Flight three, gross: Dan Sanders (90/87); Therman Briggs, (91).
• Flight four, gross: Stan Devore (93/90); Kim Love, (95/92).
• Individual winners, net score, flight one: Stephen Woody (61/58); Mike Nechvatal (65/65); Ken Richardson (70/67).
• Flight two: Doug Estes (67/67); Rex Arney (71/68).
• Flight three: Bob Herman, (68/65); Therman Briggs (69).
• Flight four: Kim Love (71/68); Kenny Kukuchka (70/70).
Johnson, Hutton win PH scramble
SHERIDAN – Bud Johnson and Chuck Hutton posted a low gross core of 32 to win the Thursday night scramble golf tournament at the Powder Horn. Doug Hockett and Blaine Phillips won the net strokes competition with a 30. Second place net winners were Matt Ebzery and John Gardner with a 30.4. In the second flight, Ron Mischke and Gene Davis posted a 36 to win the gross score honor. Justin Coon and Patrick Johnson won first place low net in a scorecard playoff over Kenny Kukuchka and Keith Denzler. Both teams totaled 33.4.
Closest to the pin winners were Blaine Phillips and Dustin Sersland.
PHLGA ‘Waltz’ winners listed
SHERIDAN – Winners have been announced in the Powder Horn Ladies Golf Association Waltz Variable Best Ball Tournament which was held Wednesday at The Powder Horn.
The team of Maureen Humphreys, Joanne Feit and Janis Cook posted the winning score of 120, one shot ahead of Susan Baggett, Patty Sheldon and Karen Schreffler (121). Teresa Dewald, Bev Kane and Catherine Engels came in at 123 for third place.
The closest-to-the-pin winners were Susan Baggett and Patty Richardson.
Latest posts by Staff Reports (see all)
- SHS librarian shares love of books, tech with students - May 24, 2016
- U.S. 14A now open for summer travel - May 24, 2016
- Mompreneurship conference, connection set for June 10 - May 24, 2016