WEATHER FROM OUR SPONSORS
POWELL (AP) — The Meeteetse library has lost nearly a quarter of its books after its sprinkler system accidentally turned on.
The library is located in the town’s school. On Sunday, a malfunctioning heating unit began pumping hot air into the library, causing the sprinklers to turn on. Firefighters were able to turn off the sprinklers within about 10 minutes.
Park County Library director Frances Clymer praised the quick response but told the Powell Tribune that an estimated 4,450 books were lost. They include many non-fiction books and Western novels.
The library is expected to reopen Monday.
Latest posts by Associated Press (see all)
- Science panel urges rewrite of food allergy warning labels - January 7, 2017
- Program trains women for HVAC careers - January 6, 2017
- Wyoming ‘feels the Bern’ - April 11, 2016